Illinois Roofing School, overview of the Examination.
Illinois Residential Roofing Exam
Continental Testing is a private company hired by the State of Illinois to develop the questions that appear on the Illinois Residential Roofing Exam. Continental Testing also administers the exam, and provides facilities for taking the exam.
There are several versions of the examination presented to test takers, and questions are asked in no particular order. While some questions involve simple memory of certain terms, most questions require the test taker to THINK and to analyze information based on an expected understanding of basic roofing CONCEPTS. You may find some of the wording “tricky” or hard to understand.
The Roofing Exam consists of 75 multiple-choice questions. The content areas and number of questions in each area are:
- Safety and Employee Protection: 20 Questions
- General Roofing Preparations, Decks and Membranes: 17 Questions
- Roofing Materials and Steep-Slope Systems: 26 Questions
- Low-Slope Roofing Systems: 7 Questions
- Measurement and Estimating: 5 Questions
- Commercial and Industrial Exam Only: Metal Roofing Systems, Rigid Board Roof Insulation, Spray Polyurethane Foam, Waterproofing, and Dampproofing: 16 Questions
A 70% score, or a minimum of 53 correct answers, is required for passing roofing exam. You will have only 90 minutes to complete the examination. Test-takers should bring two (2) sharpened Number 2 black lead pencils. Candidates also may bring a non-programmable, non-printing, solar- or battery- powered portable or pocket calculator.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT EXAM AND CHICAGO ROOFING SCHOOL
PLEASE CALL 773-635-0099.